Thursday, August 9, 2012

Baby Northcutt #2's Nursery!



I have decided to join the blogging world! Who knows how good I will be about it but I thought I'd give it a try! :) I am 36 weeks and 6 days pregnant and I think we finally have the nursery as done as possible. We still have a few odds and ends to add/make but I'm hoping this will do for now. :) 

I did green/brown for Emery's nursery and just wanted to do something different for this one. We have to do a gender neutral nursery since we won't know if it's a boy/girl until delivery day! :) So...without further ado(sp?).....nursery pics



BLESSING BLOCKS
I was surfing the web trying to come up with some sort of unique baby 
guest book for my shower and this is what I came up with. I did a blessing ring for Emery but I wanted something tangible this time that I could read and play with, with the baby. So, I came up with these blessing blocks. I am sure there is someone out there who has done this before but for now I'm going to pretend this is my own idea! ha! :) I just took a board from Lowes and cut it into blocks. I spray painted to match the nursery and modge podged scrap book paper on the ends of each block. Then, the fun part! I had each person at my shower write a scripture on one of the sides to teach Baby Northcutt about the love of Christ. :) I can't WAIT to play with these and read all the scriptures over and over to the baby! :)



On this wall I stole  borrowed and idea from my friend Becca. I cut another board, modge podged the paper on the wood, painted the edges, and then modge podged the pictures on the boards. I LOVE how they turned out! The first row on the left is my husband's immediate family(dad, sister R, other sister R, and Mom) The second row is out family! (my husband, Emery, a blank square for the new little one, and then me!) The third row on the right is my family. (Dad, Sister E, Sister K, and Mom) I did some more of these with other pics my mom gave me of my grandparents and great grandparents on the other wall. This has to be my favorite part of the room!



My mom's good friend gave me these frames. My husband spray painted them for me and added the chicken wire. The red one will have an initial in it once we know whose initial to put! :)
The chair was from my grandfather's house. We spray painted it to match. This changing table was in Emery's room. My husband repainted it to match the room. I love how it turned out. :)

This was Larry's toy chest. When the fabric comes in-it will have a cushion on top.



Special thanks to Etsy Shop Nursery Dreams for the bedding! She was fabulous to work with and the bedding turned out even better than I had pictured! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Carrie - the nursery looks fabulous! I can't wait to hear whether the baby is a he or she. It's so much fun waiting to find out. :) Hang in there...the end is in site.

    Kayce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nursery! Can't wait to find out if baby#2 is a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete